Thursday, February 16, 2012

$$$ For Gold-Part 1

Hello loveleigh's! Sorry for the delay in posting! When I started up this blog again, I did with the intent of posting often (maybe not every day, but fairly often) and I still intend to do that. However, I've had a cold/sinus infection for almost the past 2 weeks AND was planning a surprise party for my hubby who just turned 30 so those are my excuses :)

If you drive around you'll notice these cash for gold places everywhere. As we all know, the price of gold is at an all time historical high. You can go here where you are able to see the price of gold, day by day (or some of the early ones month by month), since 1970. It's actually pretty interesting to look at! (Or I think so at least - I'm sort of a numbers nerd) :) Just to give you an idea - back in January of 1970 the price of gold (per oz) was $34.94, 10 years ago in 2002 (when I graduated high school) it was $275-$345 (per oz) and this month it has been as high as $1,744 per oz!!!! Even going back just 4 or 5 years, it was still well under $1,000 per oz.

You've heard me mention several times on here things that were my Grandma's. About a year or two ago, I went through the cedar chest that my mom had inherited that had odds and ends in it. There were several gold rings in there (including her original wedding set, 25 year anniversary rings, and some really, really old wedding sets that we have no idea where they came from). The diamonds had been removed from her sets so it was pretty much just "junk" gold. I took all those rings and some old gold rings that I had as well to one of the cash for gold places (I believe there were 13 or 14 rings) and they offered me around $250. I decided to keep them and research a bit more.

Do you have any gold jewelry that you don't wear anymore or is broke, out of date, etc.? Tonight, go through your jewelry (or your Mom's jewelry...or your Grandma's jewelry....only with permission though!), then come back tomorrow for Part 2 of my post!

Also, I promise this DOES have to do with shopping, you'll just have to wait and see how :) Have a loveleigh night :)




No comments:

Post a Comment