Friday, September 28, 2012

8, 29 & Chicago

Hello loveleigh's!

Well a lot has changed since I last posted - I am now 29 and have been married 8 years! :) Our anniversary was on Monday and my birthday was on Wednesday!

We went to Chicago (one of our favorite city's!) over the weekend for a little getaway. It was perfect fall weather there! I definitely wore my boots the entire time! :)

First off, we stayed at the coolest hotel! It's a new hotel downtown called Acme Hotel Company. The location really was absolutely perfect and convenient to everything!! The price was good and it was a really fun hotel! We will definitely be staying here again and recommend it! Here's some pics!

The sign outside

This was right after you walk in. Their restaurant is not ready yet so they had a FREE breakfast buffet each morning in this room!

Fun staircase.

Room Key.

Our Room - King Bed


Wall Decor!

Bathroom Decor - Red Light Up Lips!

I'm always a sucker for the free bath products! :)


Each morning they will deliver coffee for FREE to your room! You request a time the night before then they deliver it to your door at that time. They simply knock once and leave it! You don't have to worry about answering the door or tipping!

So they had these fun little chalkboards on the outside of each door and a piece of chalk right when you walk in the room. Apparently the people staying in the bottom right room had too much to drink the night before!

Me leaving a message before we left saying thanks for the great stay!
(This outfit is similar to the 2nd outfit in my previous post except I did silver jewelry, tan boots and a denim jacket instead of a navy one)

Me reading the instruction manual ;)
I mainly posted this pic since I forgot to take pics of my outfit! It's similar to the 4th outfit in my last post except I did gold jewelry, tan boots and my sweater is a cardigan with ruffles instead of a normal sweater :)

After we got checked into our hotel we went and had a late lunch/early dinner (it was around 3:30 by this time and we were starving!) We always go to Giordano's for some yummy Chicago deep dish pizza!!

 


Glorious.


Sunday we spent the afternoon at Navy Pier (Tip: There is a free trolly that runs from downtown to Navy Pier and back...we took advantage of this!). Even though we've been back to Chicago almost every year, we haven't been back to Navy Pier since our engagement! I was amazed at how different it was! No, I don't think it had really changed all that much but when we got engaged it was night time, snowing and November! Needless to say, Navy Pier was quite deserted then! However, on a beautiful, sunny, crisp fall Sunday afternoon the place was busy! It was a whole different experience! We walked around for a bit and then role the Ferris Wheel, Swings Ride and played a round of miniature golf! My hubby won....he got 3 hole in 1's!! (I only got 1!)


I got in a few shots of my outfit! You can't tell, but I also have on 2 long sleeved shirts and a tank top under my cardigan! It was cooler than I thought!

Cardigan: Love Culture
Jeans: Forever 21
Basic Long Sleeved White Shirt: Kohl's
Boots: Target (Old)
Scarf: Charming Charlie
Purse: Louis Vuitton

How fun is this pic? It look like a postcard or a vintage photo!


I really want to go out to that lighthouse and explore!


Monday afternoon we headed back home...via train! This is the 2nd time we have done a train ride back instead of flying and we love it!! (Though we got an amazing deal on our plane tickets-it was only $98 for us to fly to Chicago...yes that is the total for BOTH of us...thanks Southwest and your sale you had back in the summer!!) It obviously takes quite a bit longer than a plane, but it's so relaxing! We ate some snacks, took a nap, and read! (Confession: I love re-reading some of my favorite books from childhood and may or may not have read some on the train!)

Union Station in Chicago

Getting on the Train

Union Station Back Home

Chicago is ALWAYS a great trip! While we did walk around and shop...I actually DIDN'T buy anything!!! (I NEVER thought I would say I went to Chicago and didn't buy anything!!) No, I wasn't sick. Yes, I had money to shop with. I just honestly didn't see anything I really wanted! Crazy I know!! When we first started going to Chicago they had several stores that we didn't (i.e. H&M, Nordstrom Rack and yes, even Forever 21....keep in mind we started going there 9 years ago...and we didn't have a Forever 21 then!!) Now we have all of those...while I still love to go and shop, it isn't quite as big of a deal now :)

If you've never been to Chicago, I highly recommend it! It's such a fun city with tons to do!

Have a loveleigh weekend everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment