Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Chicago Is Calling My Name

Hello loveleigh's!

The hubby and I are going to Chicago soon (Fun Fact: We got engaged there!) and I am so excited! We have been numerous times (Another Fun Fact: We got engaged the day after Thanksgiving [2003] and went back every year on Black Friday up until last year!) and I always look forward to going! I'm looking forward to going at a different time than we have in the past!

I figured I would start thinking about clothes/outfits to take and decided to make some outfits on Polyvore. I realize more and more that I gravitate towards classic things and darker colors (as you will see below)! I don't think my style is boring (at least I hope not!!) but I do tend to like lots of basics mixed with a few fun pieces. Oh, and I have always been and probably always will be more matchy-matchy! I know (especially from reading other blogs) that's not necessarily the "trend". I think color/print mixing CAN look good...I just like more simple (and typically not as colorful!) :) Part of your style is what YOU are comfortable in!

Anyways, here are a few things I came up with!

I thought this outfit would be good for the plane ride and to walk around in! Maxis are so comfy and I'm
trying to get a little wear out of my new leopard print shoes from Target that I talk about in my previous post! Plus they are more airport friendly than boots and will be good for walking around downtown in!

I'm trying really, really hard not to take too many shoes! Boots take up so much room so I'm going to see if I can get by with only taking 1 pair of boots! I think my gray suede knee-high flat boots will be a good choice - comfy enough for walking around but still cute! I may wear the above on the TRAIN ride back! (Yes, we are taking the train back home - so fun!)

The only colorful outfit! (and it's mixed with gray- ha!)
I DID end up buying the denim jacket pictured above from Aeropostale that I mentioned here. It was only $20 and it fits really well (I've already wore it several times!). I'm not a fan of the plaid...HOWEVER, I either don't roll the sleeves OR I just roll them twice and you can't tell! The fabric isn't bonded to the denim so I may try to remove the plaid...I'll let you know if I do and how that goes!

Besides trying to take minimum shoes, I only plan to take 1 purse - my Vuitton!
Also, for this outfit, I have a polka dot cardigan instead of a sweater (and those are black denim skinnies-sometimes it's hard to tell!)

I figure for dinner I will want to dress up a bit more (but I'm not sure if I want to take a dress...) so these are a couple of good "dressy-but-not-too-dressy" options :) (and hopefully I can just take 1 pair of heels....Shoe total so far = 3)

These are just a few thoughts - I may completely change my mind and not take any of this or I may take some! At least this helps me organize a little!! :)

Have a loveleigh day everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment